Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Year of Progress


A year of progress, 2010 has taken us important steps closer toward the Foundation’s mission of supporting research that will lead to a cure, education and dystonia awareness, and those individuals affected by dystonia and their families. The DMRF is proud of the work we have done these past 12 months, and we thank our many volunteers, advocates, donors and our local and national leaders. We have achieved all we have in 2010 because of the support of these remarkable people.

This year, we continued our commitment to funding of cutting edge-research and fellowships and approved 15 research projects. The Foundation’s Science Officer worked with another 5 investigators to develop contracts that will help us fill in some of the missing pieces of this big dystonia puzzle. The DMRF is pleased to partner with the Foundation for Dystonia Research to support a better understanding of dystonia. The DMRF is also pleased to partner with Tyler’s Hope for a Dystonia Cure in supporting phase II of the BioFocus project, an important scientific research project that is designed to identify and validate potential targets, that will hopefully lead to drug development for DYT1 dystonia. Our work in serving as an administrative center for the Dystonia Coalition, an NIH sponsored clinical research project, continues.

The DMRF has been honored to work with the Dystonia Advocacy Network (DAN) for the past five years. Joining with members of the Benign Essential Blepharospasm Research Foundation, the National Spasmodic Dysphonia Association, the National Spasmodic Torticollis Association and DySTonia, Inc., we have worked to make sure the legislative and policy needs of the dystonia community are heard in Washington, D.C. This past year, DMRF President, Art Kessler, provided testimony to the FDA and longtime DMRF leader, Kathy Rentfrow, provided testimony before the Senate Defense Appropriations Subcommittee regarding dystonia research funding. The DAN has worked to ensure that all patients have access to all approved treatments for dystonia and just last week met with key individuals at the Centers for Medicare Services regarding this issue.

We welcomed new support groups to our network of local resources working tirelessly to make sure people know they are not alone in this battle. Our regional meetings helped to provide education and connect people with one another.

Our commitment to our mission remains resolute, and we look forward to continuing our progress into 2011.

But we always remember that we can’t do it without you. Thank you for all you have done this past year. I wish you and your families all the best in the New Year ahead.

4 comments:

  1. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS FOR THE GREAT DEED HE HAVE DONE FOR MY DAUGHTER?
    My daughter suffered from dystonia for more than 7 years which we started experiencing in her when she turned 4 year and 5 months we all thought it will end but got even worse as days went by. We tried all several treatments and therapy prescribed by various doctors we met but to no avail, she lost total concentration and always complain of neck discomfort . She usually tells me she haves jerky head movements . This were steady disorder that disrupted her entire life, even at night she slept less because of this.It was during a casual conversation with a friend that i learned about Dr Williams herbal medicine I was able to contact him on his email address. and give him all the necessary information that he needed,few day later he sent me the herbal portion and his medicine was able to restore her back to normal and she is very okay now without any side effects whatsoever. If you have dystonia , do not hesitate to contact him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product. I hope this also helps someone out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear FRIENDS,
    now i have a beautiful smiling face and so are which you all, after reading my testimony. My name is kate, I am 31 years old,
    And i live with my husband in Belgium, but I am from UK. I was diagnosed in 2012 with cervical dystonia. Doctors told me this condition was forever. I know how you feel and what you are going through, I just want to tell you that I am cured now,with the help of doctor williams herbal medication, the last time I can remember having cervical dystonia was in the summer of 2016. It was a long and difficult process but I am so thankful to dr williams I don't have it anymore. Please know you can be cured too. Accept what happened and is happening to you, forgive, let the past go, love yourself and others unconditionally and be thankful. Everything happens for a reason. If you want to get in contact with dr williams and share your own testimony and thoughts feel free to e-mail him on; drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently have some difficult conversations and I did what a lot of people do when they want to know how to do something. I googled it. I came across Dr Williams herbal medicine on blog-site so many people suffering from different kind of disease including dystonia thanking him about his good work. I also have dystonia. I wasn’t running all over God’s creation with every man I could find but here I am. I have felt bad about myself for so many years now because of my dystonia status. I obviously still have some self-accepting to do but I want to thank Dr Williams for everything he have done for me,after taking Dr Williams medicine i was completely free from cervical dystonia within one month of usage, I think what you are doing is so admirable. you have helped me a lot! I want to definitely reach out to you and thank you for your amazing work. You are a good person, and an extremely talented man. You have helped millions with your herbs, and have really inspired me,and i pray you still continue doing the good work.you can also email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS FOR THE GREAT DEED HE HAVE DONE FOR MY DAUGHTER?
    My daughter suffered from dystonia for more than 7 years which we started experiencing in her when she turned 4 year and 5 months we all thought it will end but got even worse as days went by. We tried all several treatments and therapy prescribed by various doctors we met but to no avail, she lost total concentration and always complain of  neck discomfort. She usually tells me she haves jerky head movements. This were steady disorder that disrupted her entire life, even at night she slept less because of this.It was during a casual conversation with a friend that i learned about Dr Williams herbal medicine I was able to contact him on his email address. and give him all the necessary information that he needed,few day later he sent me the herbal portion and his medicine was able to restore her back to normal and she is very okay now without any side effects whatsoever. If you have dystonia, do not hesitate to contact him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product. I hope this also helps someone out there.

    ReplyDelete